"Even amidst fierce flames the golden lotus can be planted"

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Winter scarf in Liberty Print


A little while ago, my mother-in-law very kindly sent me an exquisite piece of Liberty fabric. It would have made a beautiful skirt for summer but as it was December and I was dying to get this gorgeous textile onto my body, I decided to make it into a winter scarf instead. I backed the fabric with some black wool that I had left over from another project and the result is a very warm and elegant scarf. Unfortunately, the winter has been so mild this year that I've barely had the need to wear it. In fact, if I'd gone ahead and made a lightweight skirt, I probably would have worn it more than the scarf by now. I'm not complaining. I've made no secret of my distaste for the winter months although I am a little freaked out by the strangeness of it all. Having said that, the temperatures do seem to be dropping again so I shall be pulling out my scarf and reveling in the luxury of it for the next few days at least.

I'm still trying to eat vegan. It's funny, I thought that as I'm already a vegetarian, being vegan would be quite easy for me but for some reason I'm finding it rather challenging. I shall stick with it though. I'm having lots of fun trying out new recipes to keep me motivated and the excuse to indulge in things like these very yummy peanut butter cups from Alicia Silverstone's, 'The Kind Diet' (recipe here) makes it all seem worthwhile somehow.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful scarf and the dessert is looking lovely ;)
    Hope you're having a great weekend.
    xoxo
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, just wanted to say 'hi'...
    haven't heard from you in a while ~ I hope everything is well ;)
    xox

    ReplyDelete